Monday, July 16, 2007

Sample Invitation Cards-death Anniversary

THE WITCH AND SYDNEY'S SUBURBS

When looking for a home here in Sydney, one of the search criteria I imposed was "to be in a neighborhood with a pronounceable name." I certainly could not face the thought of living in places like Wooloomooloo , Yarrawarrah , Warhoonga , Yarramundi , Turramurra and so on! Wooloomooloo . Are you kidding?! As indeed it seemed in poor taste, after all the summers spent in the Veneto, live in Mona Vale and I was somewhat uneasy about having a house in Spit Junction (Eww!). Sans Souci probably was a place "happy", but I drink only Du demon! I admit I did a little thought on Pleasure Point, Eastwood did not choose because I'm not a big fan of westerns and if I dropped Avalon is only because of fog I've seen quite low in Bologna!

Even if I have them discarded a priori, I must strike a blow at neighborhoods that have Aboriginal names: at least they are original! Because for most of the districts of Sydney ... is all about 'feel déjà! "What they do to" feel at home " or total lack of imagination, the British have given to the reuse of names more sinister. On a positive note? Sydney is the only city where you can visit Liverpool, Canterbury , Palm Beach, Beverly Hills and Brooklyn the same day!

* kiss *

0 comments:

Post a Comment